Request a Book
What is ill?
Inter-library Loan (ILL) is a free service offered to adult patrons of the Laurel-Jones County Library System, Inc. Through ILL, patrons are able to check out books our library system currently does not own. ILL requests may take up to 4 weeks to fill. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, we were unable to fill your request. You will only be contacted if there is a question about your request or the item has been received and ready for you pick up.
- Only books published at least 6 months ago may be requested.
- Patron account must be current with no fines or overdue materials.
- ILL cannot be the first checkout.
- ILL materials are checked out for 2 weeks unless otherwise noted.
- Any request to renew ILL items must be made one week prior to due date. Not all items can be renewed
- ILL items must be picked up and returned on time.
- Item must be returned with ILL book slip attached.
While ILL is a free service, some fines and fees may be charged if policies are not followed.
ILL Fines & Fees
- $2.00 per item day late fee
- $2.00 per item not picked up.
- 50¢ book slip replacement fee
If an item is lost or damaged, patron will be responsible for the total cost of the book (as determined by the lending library), a processing fee and any other costs associated with the item (i.e. late fees)
How to Submit an ILL Form
- Check our collection for the item by searching the PAC computer or asking staff for assistance.
- Fill out your ILL form completely, correctly and legibly.
- Only one request per form will be accepted. Forms with more than one request will be discarded.
- Place the completed ILL form in the ILL container.
We are now using email notification for ILL. Please be sure to include your valid email address on your ILL form. We will still call patrons who do not have an email address.
ILL contact INFORMATION
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about ILL.
Phone: 601-428-4313 ext. 108